Friday, September 7, 2007

Problems I have had with my Skyline.

The car is 15 years old after all so I have had my fair share of problems. However in the end, I still think the car is worth all the problems. Here are a list of the problems I have had.

1. The clutch gave out after a few weeks. I think the sellers didn't warn me about this and wanted my business so they could work on the car and get even more money out of me.
2. I was in Japan for 3 months this summer, and when I got back, the battery was completely dead. This is to be expected, but I should have removed the negative connection to the battery.
3. Tragically, while the car was sitting for 3 months, the transmission completely froze up. Somehow the clutch was fully engaged. This cost about $600 to have the transmission taken out, repaired and put back in.
4. Not a problem, but I needed to get a new set of tires. A set of Sumitomo's set me back another $600.
5. The lower black spoiler on the front was torn off countless times due to driveways with very uneven surfaces. I just took it off completely, and to tell you the truth, I think it looks better without the spoiler.

So be aware about all the potential problems a 15 year old car can have. Could you imagine if this was a 25 year old Skyline.

No comments:

Try out Shutterstock today!!!!! Here is a link. http://submit.shutterstock.com/?ref=61185

Support This Site

Buy some of my custom Nissan and Datsun T-Shirts here! Just click on my cafepress banner above.